Get full visibility into your SQL environment for historical and real-time system analysis with the Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server.
Why the Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server?
Monitor in Real-Time.
The Microsoft SQL Log Analyzer allows you to monitor key metrics and get alerts in real time to identify problems quickly.
Improve IT operations by finding the root cause of issues within modern applications and the underlying infrastructure.
With machine learning, automate identification of patterns and anomalies so you can uncover problems faster.
MS SQL Log Analysis for Business
In your Microsoft SQL database administration, log files are critical for identifying and responding to performance issues. However, manual log analysis can quickly become overwhelming and inefficient, failing to identify repeating patterns and persistent problems.
The Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server makes it much easier to find insights into your SQL server performance metrics and errors. The app includes predefined dashboards, providing visibility into your environment for real-time or historical analysis of backup errors, restore activity, mirroring errors, database space and utilization, general health, and overall operations of your system. The preview app by Sumo Logic supports Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
Getting Started With the Microsoft SQL Server App
It’s easy to get started with the Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server. Once you install and set up the app, dashboard panels start to fill automatically, and within a bit of time, you’ll see full graphs and maps. SQL dashboards and data queries are comprehensive, allowing you to explore a wide range of data types.
The Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server allows you to monitor user activity in convenient dashboards, including:
- Top 10 logged-on active users and top 10 logged-on active IP addresses
- Logon method used, logon failures, and logon failure reasons
- Deadlock errors over the past 24 hours
Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server Backups and Databases
Easily track database health and backup progress across your Microsoft SQL Server environment. The Sumo Logic app provides historical and real-time data to help you evaluate your overall database health and stay on top of ongoing backups.
The Sumo Logic app for Microsoft SQL Server allows you to monitor a wide range of server events and activities, including:
- Backup restore mirroring, including analysis of mirroring errors and backup failures
- Backup restore activity, transaction log backups, and database backup events
- Database size and percent utilization
- Wait time trend
- Stopped servers and functioning servers
- Server up-and-down events
- Server deadlock error events
- AppDomain and insufficient space issues
Dashboards and Advanced Analytics with Microsoft SQL Server
Identifying and analyzing error patterns is key to resolving issues before they affect your business. Dashboards and advanced analytics from Sumo Logic allow you to make informed decisions about your server operations and act quickly when needed. Data from the Sumo Logic App for Microsoft SQL Server is analyzed over consistent timeslices and translated into pie charts, graphs, and alerts to make it easy to prioritize IT activities.
With the Sumo Logic app, you can monitor server operation in real-time, including:
- Details on recent server configuration changes
- Information on the number and type of server configuration updates and the update trend for the past 24 hours
- Configuration update trend using a timeslice of one hour for the past 24 hours
- Error and warning events in a pie chart for the past 24 hours
- High severity error trend for the past 14 days
- Error and warning log type trend for the past 14 days
Sumo Logic Machine Data Analytics Platform
Watch the video to learn more about Sumo Logic’s state-of-the-art platform for unified logs and metrics.
Other Sumo Apps
Sumo Logic Apps help you quickly gain visibility into your applications and infrastructure by providing preconfigured searches and dashboards for your most popular data sources.See the full list