Why the Sumo Logic App for Fastly?
Enhance Your Content Delivery Network
Use unified logs and metrics to improve security posture, monitor WAF activity, and measure quality of service for your CDN end users.
Identify Suspicious Behavior and Patterns
Track user behavior and spot patterns of suspicious activity before they affect your applications or impact the user experience.
Visualize Data in Ready-Made Dashboards
Get up and running in minutes with preconfigured searches and dashboards that help you make sense of Fastly logs.
Build On Your Fastly CDN Tools
Content Delivery Networks, or CDNs, allow enterprises to distribute content to data centers and other locations around the world without exhausting enterprise resources. Instead of spinning up servers and managing complex application infrastructure, companies can take advantage of the Fastly CDN to deliver faster, more reliable sites.
But since Fastly serves such a large amount of traffic on behalf of their customers, analyzing Fastly logs is crucial to getting real-time data about website performance and security. The Sumo Logic App for Fastly gives you the power to analyze and correlate Fastly data with origin data to monitor applications, spot patterns, and improve security.
Analyze Fastly Logs in Minutes
The Sumo Logic App for Fastly helps ensure optimal CDN performance for your websites and applications. With simple setup and prebuilt dashboards, you can spend time analyzing trends and patterns—not digging for nuggets of information in different log files.
Collecting Fastly CDN logs with Sumo Logic is simple. Simply add a Hosted Collector within Sumo Logic, configure an HTTP source for your Fastly data, and select a few more settings to start ingesting Fastly logs. Once your logs are flowing into Sumo Logic, you can use premade dashboards to get a unified view of Fastly activity and long-term trends.
Try the full Sumo Logic experience free for 30 days!
Improve Availability, Performance, and User Experience
The Sumo Logic App for Fastly improves security and compliance posture by:
- Providing a deeper understanding of edge events
- Correlating Fastly data sets with origin and other internal data sets to measure CDN performance and quality of service
- Monitoring bot traffic
- Alerting on suspicious activity
- Identifying anomalies in user and request patterns
- Assisting with advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics
Watch the Sumo Logic webinar to learn more about implementing and maintaining a DevSecOps approach for cloud applications.
Use Prebuilt Dashboards for Quick Analysis
The Sumo Logic App for Fastly offers four premade dashboards to help you make sense of your Fastly data:
- Overview: Visitor geolocations, download performance hotspots, visitor countries, top 404-causing urls, top server error-causing urls, and more.
- Origin Performance: 90%-ile latency by origin host, median latency by origin host, slowest urls, origin content download time, and more.
- Quality of Service: Download performance hotspots, cache performance, cache hit percentage, overall content download time, cacheable content download time, and more.
- Visitors: Visitor locations, requests by country, requests by datacenter, TLS usage, HTTPS usage, requests by user agent, overall request volume, total request size over time, and more.
Demo: Troubleshooting Modern Apps With Unified Logs and Metrics
Sumo Logic’s advanced analytics help you contextualize and correlate logs and time-series metrics, giving you the tools you need to find the needle in the haystack.
Other Sumo Apps
Sumo Logic Apps help you quickly gain visibility into your applications and infrastructure by providing preconfigured searches and dashboards for your most popular data sources.See the full list